Responsible for the EMI performance and the EMI QUAL test of LRUs which may include: generate the EMI Qual Plan, QP, EMI Qual Test plan, QTP, including the test set up and the EMI Qual Test Report, QTR, review, evaluate and recommend to ensure the schematic, layout and mechanical design of the LRU meet the EMI requirement.
• Review the design and perform EMC analysis, develop and planning including layout; analysis; evaluation; prototype build and pre-qual testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
• Record and analyze test data. Selects hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
• Apply advanced level of mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
• Follow all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely manner.
• Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to lower level engineers, designers, and support personnel as assigned.
• Take ownership and responsibility for the product EMC design,
Product Design/Development and Requirements Analysis.
• Participate with members of management in the design and development of complex products and analysis of customer requirements.
• Provide direction in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, weight, product ability, manufacturing, product marketing and cost.
• Communicate and sustain the development and design of the hardware with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
• Work with the respective Project Manager, or when required independently, to generate and update Pre-Qual and Qual test schedules.
• Provide recommendations regarding technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
• Formulate a design plan or work from technical objectives and overall schedules as specified by senior project staff.
Provide technical consulting to peers or immediate management.
• BS in Electrical Engineering required followed by an MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Greater than 7 years’ experience in EMI field especially the Power supply design related.
• Ability to travel to Japan and other domestic and international locations as required approximately 5% of the time.
• Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
• Highly adept in designing and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
• Proven ability to design, analyze circuits and equipment using conventional and computerized techniques.
• Proven ability in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
• Proven ability to prepare technical reports and documentation for submission to management.
• Proven ability to modify existing processes, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
• Adept with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
• Ability to integrate information from more than one discipline (Mechanical, Hardware, Software, Product Planning & Manufacturing Engineering) to achieve results or successfully complete difficult and challenging assignments within a specialized field.
• Demonstrated experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
• Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
• Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Work on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
• Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
• Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to other engineers.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.