Responsible for testing and providing guidance in the development, test, release, and integration efforts of software and hardware associated activities. Testing efforts often involve Android testing and related Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) certification testing, and has specific technical project or product responsibility.
Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the S/W Development groups.
- Oversee and lead test and integration activities for assigned LRU and system functionality. Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
- Test and integrate development software for responsible LRU.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented, reviewed, and submitted.
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
Software and system testing of all In-flight Entertainment (IFE) functionality for existing systems.
- Participate in the design, development, and requirements reviews for the systems.
- Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software/hardware.
- Support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
- Create test procedures based-on system requirements and/or design descriptions.
Troubleshoot problems reported for all Panasonic Avionics IFE products.
- Focal point for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned equipment.
- Oversee Troubleshooting and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
Education/ Required Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years’ of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
- 5+ years of developing test plans and executing them
- 3+ years of experience in developing automated tests
- 5+ years working in an Agile type environment such as Agile Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Ability to review code in C and/or C++ would be a plus. Any programing in C or C++ would be a definite plus!
- Strong background and understanding of Linux OS. Foundational knowledge of administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is desired
- Experience with working in real-time operating system environments, and embedded software development testing.
- IFE and/or Avionics industry related experience is preferred
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Familiarity with basic avionics interfaces.
- Adept in standard test practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with any database language a plus.
- Knowledge in the Android OS and familiarity with Android CTS testing
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- May provide guidance to other technical positions. Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Work on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- About PAC:
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.