Under direct supervision, responsible for the development, test, release, and integration efforts of software and hardware associated activities.
Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the Software Development groups.
- Integration test of LRU and system functionality.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented and submitted.
- Coordinate activities for systems development, integration, test, and software/hardware release.
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
Software and system testing of all Inflight Entertainment (IFE) functionality for existing systems.
- Participate in the design and development of all IFE system functionality.
- Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software phase releases.
- Assist and support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
- Develop test plans and procedures to validate system
Troubleshoot problems reported for all Panasonic Avionics IFE products.
- Focal for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoot and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
- A strong technical background in development and test.
- Solid background and understanding of Unix and Linux OS. Familiarity of systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- May possess one or more of the following:
Ethernet network knowledge with the ability to diagnose problems at the network layer.
- BS in EE, computer science or related degree, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
IFE and/or Avionics industry-related experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.