Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
As of member of the Automation team, you will be responsible for identifying efficiencies around the business, and developing scalable and robust solutions. You’ll have to work closely with other teams to help discover and eliminate problems by gathering requirements and implementing process automation. Sometimes this will include developing hardware or software, but other times you might be asked to automate service or business processes. The team technology stack is diverse, but with an emphasis on Go, Python, and Bash. The Automation team is a unique team where members have an opportunity to explore the latest technologies and apply them to generate value for the business.
- Work on a high velocity team that is expected to deliver solutions in a few weeks from concept to delivery to operations
- Develop automation scripts and pipelines which enhance and expand our DevOps services.
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
What we're looking for:
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and organizational skills, along with interpersonal skills that allow for collaboration across a diverse group of people.
- Open minded to constructive feedback, and transform the feedback into creative solutions.
- Able to work well with global distributed teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Experience with Agile practices/methodologies, and software development practices.
- Experience in Software Configuration Management tools such as Git.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins or Travis CI.
- Experience with container based technologies such as Docker.
- Advanced scripting skills using Bash and/or Powershell.
- Strong familiarity with Linux/Windows OS and system administration.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of software development experience.
- 2 years of experience in Linux/Unix environment.
- Occasional travel, less than 5%. The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.