Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and collaborative Software Engineer with experience in software development to join a talented team that conducts research, design and development of software running on Linux or Android OS to power our latest products.
What you will be doing:
- Design, Implement, and maintain a software framework that supports hardware unit environment, and qualification verification.
- Enhance, optimize and improve efficiency and robustness of the existing software framework, which was developed in C/C++, Java and scripting languages.
- Participate in requirements analysis, architecture and design processes.
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams cross different department.
- Review, evaluate and analyze test plans and procedures.
- Support system programs, analyze results and improve overall system quality.
- Work with cross functional departments to improvement production line SW efficiency.
- Participate in a complete software development life-cycle using Agile methodologies.
The hourly range of $35.58 - $59.62 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electrical Engineering.
- Strong proven experience in C/C++, Java programming and unit test.
- Proven experience in development under Linux.
- Proven experience in socket programming, PUB/SUB and event driven architecture.
- Working knowledge of web technology including HTML, CSS, JS, React, PHP and database.
- Working knowledge of the hardware component basic functionality and understanding block diagram and schematic.
- Working knowledge of the basic networking protocols TCP/UDP/IP and familiarity with VLANs and basic switching and routing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, context switches and make efficient use of shared resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with user-centered, iterative design and development process.
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time.
- Working knowledge of the Software Agile methodology and in practicing Scrum.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in Software Engineering to include the following:
- Knowledge of latest and greatest C++ and later.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.