Responsible for assisting in the overall design of Line Replaceable Units (LRU) which may include: design, layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of electronic, and electromechanical components and systems. May have specific technical project or product responsibility.
Design, Analysis, Build and Test Activities.
- Perform hardware design, development and planning including schematic generation; circuit simulation; PCB layout analysis; prototype build and testing of electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of circuits, assemblies and systems.
- Record and analyze test data. Selects hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Follow all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely manner.
Product Design/Development and Requirements Analysis.
- Participate with members of management in the design and development of complex products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Provide solutions and recommendations to project lead.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required followed by an MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3 - 6 years’ experience in areas such as higher mathematics, electronics, and circuit design.
- Proficient in designing and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Proven ability to design, analyze circuits and equipment using conventional and computerized techniques.
- Knowledge of circuit modeling and simulation of high frequency system and components; work experience in simulation preferred.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Ability to travel to Japan and other domestic and international locations as required approximately 5% of the time.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.