Assist in mechanical design, development & sustaining of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal, Structural Rigidity, Acoustics, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT to meet customer’s requirements.
Perform design, development & sustaining including mechanical layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of LRU components & systems.
- Apply planning, standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Participate in the design and development of LRU sheet metal & plastic enclosure and assemblies.
- Record and analyze LRU test data.
- Select hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Provide PCB outline dimensions to CAD group for board development. Validate component layout against mechanical designs.
- Support prototype builds and testing to determine required design changes necessary for meeting design certification.
- Communicate and sustain the development and design of the LRU mechanical parts with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Participate with members of Electrical Engineering and management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Assist in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, thermal, structural rigidity, weight, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT, product marketing, cost and time schedules.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Coordinate with LRU Procurement, Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Work with the respective Project Manager or when required independently to generate and update LRU Design and Development schedules.
- Work closely with Electrical Engineer in validating unit design.
- Write environmental test plan for LRU and develop test setup.
- Assist in environmental testing and documenting test results
Perform qualitative and quantitative thermal/mechanical shock/vibration analysis.
- Analyze LRUs to determine thermal/dynamic characteristics, and performance of materials, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
Education and Experience
- BSME or other related Engineering discipline.
- 0-3 years’ experience in areas such as higher mathematics, Heat Transfer, Strength of Materials, Properties of Materials and Machine Design.
- Company or Summer Intern program experience is preferred.
- Personal hands-on engineering project experience (Computers, Laptops, Ultramobile PC) to meet Avionics Environmental Test Requirements is a plus.
- Familiar with determining and developing LRU requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Entry level of knowledge using Pro/E MCAD tool and analyzing LRU and equipment using conventional and CFD/FEA analysis tools.
- Knowledgeable in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Solid technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Ability to plan engineering activities to perform assigned tasks.
- Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine issues.
- Generally follow existing practices and procedures to analyze situations or data.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.