Summary of Position
Performs Engineering design and development of Ground Support Equipment including the following: Circuit layout reviews Analysis, evaluation, prototype build-up
Participate with members of Product Engineering Group in the design and development of Test Products and analysis LRU Test requirements.
Perform Manufacturing Engineering functions in the Production of all GSE units. Validate and perform qualification testing on all Production Material prior to shipment.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and Test Units.
- Designs and develops test equipment and test specifications for all In Flight Entertainment (IFE) Line Replaceable Units (LRU)
- Record and analyzes test data. Selects hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Work directly with assembly technicians or other technical support personnel as required in the development of Prototype and Production Tester.
- Applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Principles of engineering or science normally attained through a BS,EE degree college level training and experience in areas such as higher mathematics, electronics, mechanics and circuit design with 1 to 3 years of engineering designed experience.
- Ability to determine and develop requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches. Design and analyze circuits and equipment using conventional and computerized techniques.
- Ability to develop and implement test methods and procedures.
- Experience in preparing reports and documentation for submission to management.
ENGINEER IS Responsible for following all Panasonic company policies pertaining to safety, business, costs, travel etcetera, i.e. display of company picture id at all times, badging in/out of all reader entry and exit places (Especially when exiting and entering in and out of the three main buildings) and adhering to the zonal evacuations during fire drills.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.