The MRO Buyer is responsible for the preparation and issuance of purchase requisitions for products and services to ensure manufacturing equipment is always in working condition. Additionally, the Buyer builds productive internal and external working relationships by establishing and managing vendors and analyze performance for strategic purchasing.
Furthermore, the Buyer coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, and engineer departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Part of a team that manages the purchasing of indirect materials associated with maintenance, repair, and operations, such as pneumatic cylinders, sensors, bearings, filtration, sub-assemblies, supplies, equipment and services at the most favorable cost and at terms consistent with providing superior service to internal customers
- Role will be responsible for the ordering and receipt of materials requested by Production and Engineering teams for manufacturing production
- Responsible for daily communication with the receiving team and confirmation of materials arriving
- Coordinating deliveries of materials with receiving departments
- Work with Manufacturing Management and Production Engineering to establish specifications and procurement needs to ensure successful operations
- Identify and select vendors to procure materials and/or equipment to meet criteria of price, quality, quantity, availability, and delivery dates and place orders
- Perform accurate and timely execution of incoming requests while maintaining high Quality and Customer Service standards
- Assist with import/export procedures as well as interfacing with JPY vendors for equipment purchase and repair
- Provide suggestions to improve supply chain, solve shortage issue and strengthen supplier relationships
- Analyze departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy
- Contact department or initiator to clarify and complete information
- Determine method needed to process requisition
- Monitor and maintain records regarding pricing and ordering of materials
- Control MOQ (minimum order quantity), freight and handling costs
- Monitor, analyze, and report material variances to standard cost
- Prepare reports analysis and recommendations
- Assist in all the other purchasing department duties as required
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of equivalent work experience in purchasing
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Technical knowledge related to engineering, HVAC, equipment, or machine maintenance
- Data analysis experience
- Operate as a collaborative team member and function with minimum supervision
- Thrive in demanding, deadline driven culture
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail and prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings a plus
- Bilingual Japanese highly preferred
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.