- Work in collaboration with the designer and engineers developing new product using the modular concept to minimize the duplication of component parts and to streamline assembly methods.
- Manufacture prototype merchandisers using material bills, drawings or sketches.
- Effectively, efficiently and safely utilize the equipment in the Model Shop to support all areas of New Product Development to produce parts, prototypes or models.
- Coordinate efforts with all the areas of manufacturing in the scheduling and procuring components or parts to ensure a timely and efficient completion to assigned projects.
- Document changes during the prototype stages of developing new product and communicates changes to the designer or engineer assigned to the project.
- Assist in the implementation of new products into the manufacturing areas either in Bridgeton or off-site manufacturing facilities.
- Must be able to read and comprehend blue prints and material bills.
- Must be able to read wiring diagrams and be able to assemble and wire case components.
- Must have a basic knowledge of refrigeration components and be certified in brazing.
- Years of experience:
- HS Diploma required (Technical Associates Degree preferred) and 0-2 yrs experience
- Certification in refrigeration systems is a plus
- EPA certification for refrigerate handling is a plus