Are you looking for a long-term career? Do you like to build things?
Hussmann is a 115-year old company with a great culture, great benefits and great opportunities for advancement.
Right now, we're looking for Model Makers – this is someone who will build prototypes for refrigeration cases and other customer products. Our Model Makers Support all activities in the New Product Development groups by the fabrication of new parts or the assembly of working Prototype merchandisers, using the necessary equipment to produce a high-quality product. You will report to the Model Maker Supervisor.
- Work in collaboration with the designers, engineers, and lab technicians developing new innovative products
- Manufacture prototype merchandisers using material bills, drawings or sketches
- Effectively, efficiently and safely use the equipment in the Model Shop to support all areas of New Product Development to produce parts, prototypes or models
- Coordinate efforts with all the areas of manufacturing in the scheduling and procuring components or parts to ensure completion of assigned projects
- Document changes during the prototype stages of developing a new product and communicates changes to the designer or engineer assigned to the project
- Help implement new products into the manufacturing areas either in Bridgeton or off-site manufacturing facilities
- HS Diploma required (Technical Associates Degree preferred)
- 0-2 yrs experience
- Can read and comprehend blueprints and material bills
- Can read wiring diagrams and be able to assemble and wire case components
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration components and be certified in brazing preferred
- Certification in refrigeration systems is a plus
- EPA certification for refrigerant handling is a plus
- Your work hours are regular: This is a steady Monday through Friday career with day shift hours
- The work environment is air-conditioned
- The work is interesting and challenging, giving you the opportunity to grow your skills
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hussmann is a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA.