Are you looking for a long-term career? Do you like to build things?
Hussmann is a 115-year old company with a great culture, great benefits and great opportunities for advancement.
Right now, we’re looking for Model Makers – this is someone who will build prototypes for refrigeration cases and other customer products.
Our Model Makers Support all activities in the New Product Development groups by the fabrication of new parts or the assembly of working Prototype merchandisers, using the necessary equipment to produce a high-quality product.
What you'll do:
- Work in collaboration with the designers, engineers, and lab technicians developing new innovative products
- Manufacture prototype merchandisers using material bills, drawings or sketches.
- Effectively, efficiently and safely utilize the equipment in the Model Shop to support all areas of New Product Development to produce parts, prototypes or models.
- Coordinate efforts with all the areas of manufacturing in the scheduling and procuring components or parts to ensure timely and efficient completion of assigned projects.
- Document changes during the prototype stages of developing a new product and communicates changes to the designer or engineer assigned to the project.
- Assist in the implementation of new products into the manufacturing areas either in Bridgeton or off-site manufacturing facilities.
What you will bring:
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints and material bills.
- Must be able to read wiring diagrams and be able to assemble and wire case components.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration components and be certified in brazing preferred.
- Years of experience:
- HS Diploma required (Technical Associates Degree preferred) and 0-2 yrs experience
- Certification in refrigeration systems is a plus
- EPA certification for refrigerant handling is a plus
- Your work hours are regular: This is a steady Monday through Friday career with day shift hours.
- The work environment is air-conditioned.
- The work is interesting and challenging, giving you the opportunity to grow your skills.