Panasonic – PSCNA Mo Strategic Account Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible to be subject matter expert for Mobility products and services within the Federal System Integrator & Defense Contractor Market to drive long term business. This would include working with strategic end-user customers as well as supporting/driving the Federal Account Managers for customer projects and with key resellers/system integrators for business growth. Individual will have ownership of the development and implementation of strategic initiatives in order to drive revenue and grow market share within the Federal Sector System Integrator & Defense Contractor Market.
Market / Sales Development:
- Develop and implement a strategic business plan for the mobility product category that outlines a clear vision of necessary actions to be taken to win business from high value end-user customers along with an overall market-share increase.
- Work with channel account managers to ensure targeted partners are knowledgeable on all mobility offerings and programs related to the SI market space.
- Collaboration with internal resources requiring close communication and coordination with various company individuals and teams (both factory and sales company) to insure actionable results are achieved.
- Identify and participate in industry events in order to market mobility product and services capability, capture market data, industry trends, competitive information and potential partnerships or alliances.
- Build and capitalize upon appropriate industry partnerships or alliances within strategic markets in order to increase Federal SI customer awareness of mobility product and services in order to build a long-term sales pipeline.
- Work with industry customers and sales team members to identify, prioritize, and build business cases for new product and/or feature development along with increased services potential.
- Research, prospect, engage and cultivate new business (via direct or in-direct sales transaction) from existing key strategic SI accounts as well as new unique type of end-user customers and vertical specific reseller partners in which to grow overall market-share.
- Research and development segmentation and applications across all Federal SI vertical markets to help cross promote successful areas of the business.
- Develop a strategic horizontal long-term plan to maximize penetration and sales with key Federal system integrators. The individual will act as the Federal Team’s horizontal lead to foster C level relationships and drive mobility product and services to grow our system integrator market share.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Serve as the subject matter expert within the mobility product category with the different stakeholders within the company. Including sales, marketing, product management, engineering and the factory.
- Understand the Federal market landscape; collect, analyze and disseminate key market news, customer data, product trends, and competitive information in order to educate and provide market readiness to the sales team (including reseller partners), product management as well as headquarters and factory management.
- Assist vertical sales with identification of top mobility programs across all DoD and Federal System Integrator markets. This would include future program trends, funding and technical requirements. After gathering and analyzing the market intelligence, the individual would then develop a long term plan to capture this program business.
- Serve as the voice of the company for the Federal System Integrator market in public relations, media opportunities, trade show and industry associations to build market awareness for Panasonic.
- Identify and actively engage in appropriate trade shows/associations/boards/etc. In order to position Panasonic within the assigned market.
Strategic Marketing Development:
- Develop and maintain annual System Integrator strategic plan for the mobility product category in collaboration with sales and marketing teams.
- Work with the appropriate marketing team members in the development and execution of appropriate market messaging, strategies, promotions, and other tactics designed to generate market awareness for Panasonic, produce actionable leads, and grow the pipeline for the sales team.
- Work with the marketing team to identify and develop beneficial resources – such as sales presentations and collateral pieces – for the sales team and its reseller partners to better attract and close sales opportunities.
- Deliver regular market research and competitive positioning / pricing analysis to marketing and sales management.
- In concert with the marketing team – organize scheduled advisory events to collect direct feedback from end users.
- Effectively manage all administrative duties and reporting in timely manner, including Salesforce customer data, pipeline and opportunity data maintenance, quarterly business review functions and various headquarter required reporting.
What You’ll Bring:
Essential for success are a strong combination of strategic and creative talent, excellent project management skills and a bias for action. The position is also highly dependent on relationships – within marketing and sales teams. Requirements include good interpersonal skills, a strong orientation to collaboration and the ability to work very effectively in virtual teams. Polished professional with excitement and energy for the mobility product category in order to be the “face” of Panasonic.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent market experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years Federal IT experience with product marketing, Federal contracting and sales experience in mobility products.
- 8+ years’ experience working with System Integrator, Federal and DoD focus is a plus.
- Federal capture experience and a history of developing long term business opportunities.
- Proven experience managing long term relationships and driving YoY business growth.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- CRM software including customer contact, sales pipeline and opportunity data management (Salesforce preferred).
- Travel up to 60% of time, some weekend work, hours of work may vary due to business travel, customer availability and trade show involvement.
- Location: US, East Coast preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.