Panasonic – Mobility Engineering Intern (Summer 2021) - Newark, New Jersey
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Currently, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), has an immediate opening available for an Intern within the Mobility Engineering group.
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
What you will get to do:
- Analyze, test, and provide customer requirements to requests or issues related to Panasonic products, and recommend the most appropriate solution.
- Provide technical assistance to support end user to hotline, field service, and third parties
- Solve problems and build innovative software solutions
- Support Toughbook product development with Panasonic design teams throughout the stages of development to ensure customer requirements and industry trends are met.
- Work with internal development teams to write customer-based technical requirements and support development of new products and technology.
- Understand competitive analysis of devices with in the marketNR1
- Identifying and developing software solutions to current business problems
- Handle multiple engineering projects from development support perspective.
- Work within engineering teams to test products throughout the product lifecycle which includes hardware and software evaluation.
- Assist in managing engineering issues and technical support.
- Collect, integrate and synthesize information from multiple sources and develop conclusion.
- Document project report for the key stakeholders using PowerPoint, Excel, and/or MS Project.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a BS/MS program , ideally majors in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience coding in one of the following programming languages including: C++, Java, Python
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals for multiple competing priorities.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Android operating systems.
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, and organized and a self-starter with the ability to think creatively.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project; and familiar with web based reporting tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Interest in a long term internship - ideally a one year commitment
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.