As a Software Engineer at Panasonic Energy, you will serve as a technical expert in the areas of software development and programming related to manufacturing systems. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for the design, documentation, coding, unit testing, systems testing, and deployment of web and software applications. The individual works closely with other developers, analysts, and leadership to obtain regular feedback on design and development. Furthermore, periodic operational support and maintenance of the manufacturing system is expected from the Engineer.
- Design, improve, test, and maintain high-availability, low-latency applications related to the manufacturing process
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in a timely manner related to enterprise manufacturing software and internal web applications
- Writes reusable, testable, and efficient code in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Makes recommendations which yield improved performance and a more cost-effective product with elegant user interfaces
- Effectively prepare and maintain detailed documents related to application requirements, architecture, design, code, algorithms, interfaces, end user manuals
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of the software
- Collaborates with systems analysts to fully understand requirements and add technical details to ensure designed and developed solutions meet overall goals
- Keeps up with industry trends and brings new ideas and innovative solutions
- Perform hardware and application troubleshooting as related to manufacturing process
- Configure and deploy devices and peripherals, as necessary
- Resolves customer problems and questions on site
- Trains technical and non-technical staff in how to use new software and hardware
- Ensure compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including SOX compliance
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Preferred: None
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on experience in an agile software development environment
- Our stack is as follows; therefore you should have like development experience:
- Frontend: Typescript, React, Redux
- Backend: Typescript, Express, Hapi & PostgreSQL
- Architecture: Kubernetes, Kafka & Tableau
- Demonstrable experience in either a frontend or a backend role in developing modern full-stack applications.
- An ability to deliver value in a fast-paced rapid-development setting.
- Database and SQL experience is required
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs is desirable
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt to changing requirements and balance time across multiple projects
- Prior manufacturing and/or SAP experience is desirable
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Effectively train and advise users on information technology issues
- Prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing operations
- Able to influence change without direct authority
- Provide leadership and work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Creative thinker with attention to detail; strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing
- PL/SQL and Oracle 11g preferred
- Prior use of Node.js, a front-end framework, such as React or Angular, and a message-broker system such as Apache Kafka is preferred but not required
- Competent at Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab (or other similar software)
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.