The MES (Manufacturing Execution System) Supervisor plays a crucial role in ensuring the effective operation and utilization of the MES platform within PENA manufacturing environment. The MES platform is a home grown solution that helps manage and control various aspects of the production process, including scheduling, tracking, and reporting. Here's a breakdown of the key responsibilities of the MES Supervisor:
Platform Maintenance: The MES Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the MES platform. This involves ensuring that the software is running smoothly, updating it as necessary, and troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise.
Coordination with Downstream Production/Business Teams: The MES Supervisor collaborates closely with the downstream production teams and business units. This coordination ensures that the MES platform aligns with production schedules, targets, and other operational requirements. The supervisor might work to optimize production processes, streamline workflows, and improve overall efficiency based on the data and insights provided by the MES platform.
Collaboration with PPE Team in Japan: The MES Supervisor works in conjunction with this team to ensure that the MES platform supports their efforts, integrates with the processes, and provides real-time visibility into production activities. The Supervisor is also responsible for coordinating changes/updates to the platform with PPE.
Successful Operations: The MES Supervisor's primary goal is to ensure the successful and smooth operation of the MES platform. This includes monitoring its performance, addressing any operational challenges, and ensuring that production processes are executed accurately and efficiently.
Value Additions: The MES Supervisor identifies opportunities for value addition within the MES platform. This could involve implementing new features, functionalities, or optimizations that enhance the overall manufacturing process, improve data accuracy, or provide better insights for decision-making.
Data Analysis and Reporting: The MES platform generates a wealth of data related to production activities. The MES Supervisor may be involved in analyzing this data to identify trends, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement. They can then generate reports and communicate findings to relevant stakeholders.
Training and Support: The MES Supervisor might provide training to users within the production and business teams, ensuring that they understand how to use the MES platform effectively. They may also offer technical support to address user queries or issues.
Continuous Improvement: To drive continuous improvement, the MES Supervisor actively seeks feedback from various stakeholders, monitors key performance indicators (KPIs), and proposes enhancements to the MES platform and related processes.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Change Management, Information Technology, or a related field from a four-year College or University
- Preferred: None
- A bachelor's degree in the field of Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Manufacturing, or a related discipline
- Previous experience in manufacturing operations, MES implementation, or a related field is required. Candidates with a background in production planning, process optimization, automation, or software implementation are preferred.
- Proficiency in MES software platforms and related technologies is essential. Strong computer skills, including proficiency in databases, programming languages, and data analysis tools, is required
- Strong project leader with excellent organizational and verbal skills
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite software including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Solid computer skills and demonstrated general working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software tools
- Effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction by seeking answers and a focus on team success
- Able to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before acting, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Project management skills, including the ability to plan, execute, and manage projects effectively, are essential
- 5 years of experience managing Manufacturing Operation systems is preferred
- 2 - 5 years of experience configuring, administering, and user acceptance testing of software solutions
- Experience with ISA95, MESA standards and its components within MES
- Must have a high attention to detail, self-motivated, and eagerness to collaborate
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Expert working knowledge with WORD, Excel, Adobe (including form building) and formatting documents
- Effective communication is essential for coordinating with production teams, business units, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment
- Must be able to walk through out the factory extensively.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.