MES Product Manager
The MES Product Manager owns the product roadmap for Manufacturing Execution System (MES) product development. The Manager is responsible for translating customer requirements to product specifications and ensuring high ROI for product investment. This role will report to the Digital Solution Management Manager and support the development of an integrated digital solution system including PLC, SCADA, MES and BI technologies in PENA’s smart factory initiatives.
- Owns MES product roadmap and specifications
- Manage the customer and vendor relationships
- Develops effective short-term and long-term product roadmap to support PENA smart factory initiative
- Supervise Business Process Engineers to translate customers’ requirements to product specifications
- Articulates and quantifies product benefits and ROI
- Works with all functional teams in PENA to understand their needs for digital solutions
- Collaborates with headquarter teams and advisors on business and technical strategies
- Works with other DTG team leaders to collaboratively design and implement the integrated PLC/SCADA/MES digital solutions
- Works closely with Digital Solution Engineering team and third parties to deliver digital products that meet customers’ expectations
- Work closely with project management teams to deliver product as planned
- Has excellent time and project management skills, including effectively allocating time and resources, clearly tracking project progress, and delivering accurate results by deadlines
- Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Effectively communicates and works with management teams, team members, and related divisions (e.g. Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Control)
- Executes high performance culture and servant leadership
- Performs other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 3+ years of engineering experience in manufacturing, automation, equipment development, or design
- Minimum of 2+ years of product management experience in manufacturing, digital product development or design
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities. Able to influence others to move towards a common goal
- A strong team player who can work closely with multiple functional groups in a fast-pace environment
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of 5+ years of product management experience
- Proven record of leading full cycle engineering, from solution concept to final product
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power. In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.