MES & PLM supervisor will be part of Panasonic Energy North America – Digital Transformation Group. MES & PLM supervisor will report directly to Digital Transformation Manager. They will serve as a first level leader responsible for managing both projects and operational support teams. Will patriate and contribute in PENA’s digital transformation journey. They will be responsible for managing project budgets and participating in annual budget processing. Provide direction and mentorship to the team in high performance environment. Build relation with the business partners and help them in identifying improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for the MES/PLM component of Digital Transformation. This includes enterprise integrations for MES/PLM. Systems include engineering tools, quality tools, ERP, Maintenance, & Production.
- Drives cross functional teams to correctly identify root causes (using Lean methodologies) and deliver wholistic solutions for People, Process, and Product
- Leads with vendors, engineers, analysts, and leadership to ensure the integrity of databases, application software and manufacturing data.
- Performs regular system monitoring, verifying the integrity, health and availability of all systems and key processes, reviewing application and system logs, and ensuring completion of scheduled jobs
- Leads problem-solving efforts regarding system and service matters and if necessary, facilitates support with outside personnel, organizations, and/or vendors
- Monitor tech-industry trends, and brings new ideas and innovative solutions
- Develop new deliverables as needed based on strategic requirements and following best practices for documentation and delivery
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Data Communication
- Preferred: None
- Minimum 3-5 years in an engineering supervisor or leadership role
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a factory or enterprise setting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience with MES and PLM
- Technical expertise with MES and PLM systems and their elements
- Effectively ensures core team connected with customers to maximize solution benefit.
- Prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Ability to work extended-hours or outside of normal business hours including weekends as needed
- Skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Able to lead independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude
- PLM / MES Certification
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 30%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 30%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy is expanding to Kansas after demonstrating exceptional performance Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems. This role is located in De Soto, Kansas and is responsible for the next phase of Panasonic battery manufacturing for Tesla and Lucid.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. We continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy.