Panasonic – Media Relations Communications Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As part of the Panasonic North America Marketing, Digital & Communications team, the Communications Manager will lead and execute on media relations, corporate communications and issues and crisis management, advancing Panasonic’s goals as a leading purpose-driven technology company while enhancing and protecting brand reputation.
The Media Relations Communications Manager will be responsible for proactive and reactive communications, understanding reputational risks and vulnerabilities, and acting as a strategic advisor to senior leadership on media strategy. This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping media relations to elevate Panasonic as a leader in Sustainable Energy, Smart Mobility, Immersive Experiences, Consumer and Lifestyle and Food Retail.
The candidate should have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and be an enthusiastic team player who can work collaboratively and cross-functionally with partners across diverse business units, communications, marketing, legal, government affairs and beyond.
The candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to develop response strategies, proactive and reactive media statements, press releases, talking points, FAQs, memos, and more.
What You’ll Bring:
- Play key role in developing proactive and reactive media strategy and plan
- Develop communications materials and guidance
- Serve as media liaison and spokesperson; manage and maintain close relationships with journalists and influencers
- Advise senior leaders and prepare them for media interviews
- Manage ongoing communications projects and assignments, as needed
- Position Panasonic as a leading purpose-driven technology company
- Support key corporate and brand communications initiatives
- Determine measurement and effectiveness for communications strategies
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of media relations experience
- Experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications and issues
- Crisis management experience is strongly preferred
- Experience working directly with media and journalists
- Proven track record of developing and executing impactful media strategies and plans
- Ability to build effective relationships with senior leaders
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead efforts across disciplines
- Ability to respond to time sensitive requests
- Creative, critical and analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to digest and translate complex materials
- Innovative, independent and driven self-starter
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with monitoring and measurement tools and resources
- Strong relationships with key media
- Works independently yet collaboratively; able to navigate matrixed organization
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.