Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Media Program Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of all media deliverables for airline accounts. Works with customers to adequately define and document scope of work, requirements and project schedules. Uses program management skills to manage program roles, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define program deliverables, provide customer satisfaction and insure quality of products. Joins in technical meetings and manages the system development process. Documents opportunities to integrate systems and resources to fulfill program requirements. Ensures effective communications and relationships between customers, third party vendors and program team members are maintained.
- Assigns, schedules, reviews, and monitors program work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time.
- Maintain program scope of work and issue change requests for all out of scope work.
- Provide Finance quoted hours for out of scope work to be quoted and presented by Marketing.
- Defines the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved on the program including customers, management, program team, vendors and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication between Panasonic and customers by regular follow-up status reviews, team meetings and correspondence.
- Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation.
- Develops media lifecycle schedules for each phase of the program (development and recurring operations).
- Manages obstacles and the escalation path for critical issues.
- Participates in all technical reviews and meetings on all media related IFE system components.
- Helps define process planning: including the development of a strategic plan, systems analysis, technical design, testing and acceptance of media supported by IFE system.
- Prepares and presents oral and/or written reports, technical data and program presentations.
- Utilizes current department specific software and web applications to complete assignments.
- Establishes accurate data capture and reporting systems for detailed metrics analysis used to identify, recommend and implement changes for enhancing performance of the content update process.
- Proficient with MS office suite of software applications. (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple programs and issues.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work through issues with a team with minimal escalation.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
- Practiced team building and leadership skills
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with customers and a diverse range of internal organizations.
- Ability to work well with people under pressure including people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds
- Outgoing, self-motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Exercises proper judgment in selecting methods, techniques and resources for obtaining results
- 2-4 years’ Program/Project Management experience required, or other equivalent experience.
- 4-year University degree in a technical field or an equivalent 4 years’ related experience in engineering, software development, project engineering and/or systems engineering may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Prior Program Management experience highly desire
- Travel up to 5% (domestic and international).
- Duties may require on-call responsibility for program support as needed (up to 20% of the time).
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.