Responsible for providing the point contact at the customer location where assigned and provides escalation focus for problems and issues from the customer to the Company. May instruct and provide technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development or other processes. Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for providing on-site engineering support for the assigned customer and assigned products, collaborating in all program phases from initial concept to program end
- Works with Technicians, Account Managers, Customer Engineers and Sales Managers to act as the customer's advocate when issues and problems need to be escalated.
- Organizes and chairs meetings between the company and the customer's engineers.
- Uses CAD and CAE software and equipment to design and simulate mechanical components and systems.
- Will mechanical drawings, product and system related specifications. Attends, and may chair, the customer's on-site meetings when customer's operation group reviews performance and issues with the customer's network.
- May support Panasonic quality engineers to diagnose warranty return parts.
- In partnership with customer engineers and management, takes responsibility for the definition of customer and system by seeking clarification and approval from customer and liaising with Panasonic design team; maintains compliance with the customer's specifications
- Fulfills co-located engineering responsibilities as designated in customer guidelines and ensures that the company complies with all customer requirements and expectations for co-location.
- Communicates customer program timing requirements and completion of program milestones to management. Ensures that all program steps comply with established customer program processes.
- Provides an interface to the Local plants during the start of production and leads troubleshooting efforts. Interfaces with on-site rep for non-local plants to provide the same leadership and guidance.
- Promotes efforts to acquire additional business from the customer.
- Four-year college degree (BSEE, BSEET, BSCS, or BSME or related field) and three (3) years of experience OR;
- Applicable Technical School/Military equivalent and four (4) years minimum work experience in electronics products applying plastic injection, metal stamping and/or metal molding concepts
- Specific experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate discipline to documentation and design approaches.
- Exposure to injection molding, die cast and stamped sheet metal tooling and processes
- Catia 3-D CAD experience required.
- Stack-Up Tolerance experience with assemblies required.
- Experience with system level design work and solving complex problems independently.
- Experience in automotive product design is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows based databases appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.