Panasonic – Mechanical Engineering Co-op
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The focus will be to provide engineering support for the release of updated diode, blade, engine and systems designs including the continued design, documentation and release of different components, assemblies and new manufacturing fixtures.
- Creating assembly drawings with accurate BOM’s that properly portray assembly plans. Documentation will need to be released to the Solidworks vault and Omnify per company standards
- Designing and releasing manufacturing tooling and fixtures, including 3D designs and 2D drawings. This may require communicating with vendors and manufacturing engineers.
- Managing new part arrivals by working with manufacturing to prepare incoming inspections, create green bins, document build status and organize communication between multiple departments.
- Complete EEO’s and ECO’s with design support from engineering team to help expedite changes once design requirements and goals have been met.
- Complete research tasks as required including material selection, casting and injection molding capabilities and advanced technology research
- Update existing mechanical and optical drawings to align with current company standards
- Additional projects as required by the engineering team with focus on new ECM and NPI needs.
- Along with project presentations, Co-ops will also participate in weekly meetings to review their workload, discuss progress and plan future projects and tasks to best satisfy the needs of both the company and the goals of the Co-op.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Enrolled in a 4 year technical program
- Proficient in SolidWorks or an equivalent mechanical design software package.
- History creating, reviewing and reading technical drawings. GD&T a plus.
- Experience in the design and development process with emphasis on precision and design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to interpret analysis and test results
- Effective, hard worker with a team player “can-do” approach
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.