Panasonic – Mechanical Engineer Intern (Summer 2020)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
To support Mechanical Engineer regarding of Battery pack design and development.
- Support other Engineers for drawing of 3D/2D of mechanical component of battery assembly by 3D CAD Creo (Pro/Engineer).
- Support other Engineers for reviewing customer requirement, building prototype or engineering sample, test or evaluate sample, and creating related documents.
- Support department on any other activity related to battery pack development.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BSME or MSME in progress
- CAD experience (Preferably CREO [Pro/Engineer by PTC Inc.])
- Proficiency with Microsoft operation system, MS office products.
- Preferred - Plastic injection molding component design experience or knowledge
- Preferred - Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
- Analytical, good technical foundation, problem solver. Should be innovative, take the initiative to address problems and find solutions.
- Good verbal/non-verbal communication skill. No issue with working as team in an open concept office.
- Technical writing and speaking in English should be clear enough to be understood by native English and non-native English speakers.
- Preferred – Japanese, Chinese, or Spanish language (Speaking and Reading)
- Required physical ability to lift and move 22 pounds occasionally.
- No issue to hear, see abnormal situation to investigate normal electronic device including li-ion battery.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.