Mechanical Engineer II
Do you want to join a team that's changing the world? Do you have a strong background? Then we're looking for you. Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same mission. Join the PENA team today.
- Being a part of Panasonic’s assembly production process. The assembly group is responsible for the winding and cell assembly process that manufactures our cylindrical batteries from the electrode and other constituent parts.
- Analyzing and optimizing production processes to maximize performance, safety, and quality.
- Improving design of process machinery.
- Applying theory to real world applications.
- Monitoring and auditing manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Participating in the transition of a product from concept to complete implementation.
- Applying technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes and SOPs.
- Implementing and supporting manufacturing industrial automation.
- Working as one member of a specific team to develop, validate, and improve processes.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High school diploma or GED.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, machine design, and/or industrial automation.
- Strong design and drafting skills in 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks and simulation software.
- Must possess engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, etc.)
- Strong teamwork skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
- Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, quality control, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies.
- Preferred experience with industrial data analysis or MES system
- Experience breaking down high-level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Japanese language preferred.
- Experience with design and simulation of; precision machining, precision sheetmetal, thermoplastics, and large assemblies.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)/Product Data Management (PDM)/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Physical Activity
Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to:Sit:
Tools and/or Equipment:Required Frequency
Office Equipment (Fax, copier, 10-key)
Required Lifting and Carrying:
Weight to be manually lifted each normal workday. (Occasional 1 - 33%, Frequent 34 - 66%, Continuous 67 - 100%)
Up to 10 lbs
Up to 20 lbs
Up to 35 lbs
Team-Lift Only (over 35 lbs)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.