Panasonic – Electronics Engineer Co-Op
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
TeraDiode (TDI) is a Massachusetts based Panasonic subsidiary and a world leader in developing high-power, high-brightness diode laser systems. Our kW-class direct diode laser technology is a disruptive force in the materials processing industry, which is currently dominated by Fiber and CO2 lasers. Our patented wavelength beam combining technology was developed by our co-founders from MIT Lincoln Laboratory for defense, industrial, and commercial materials processing applications.
Work with TDI's team of engineers to receive a mixture of long-term multi-phase projects and smaller less-technical tasks, e.g., preparing presentations. This balanced workload will allow you to have ownership of large projects that will keep you engaged and busy while assisting other engineers during creation of new designs. Along with project presentations, you will have weekly meetings to review your workload, discuss progress and plan future projects and tasks to best satisfy needs of TeraDiode and your own learning goals.
We are seeking a highly motivated electronics engineer co-op to work alongside our team. You will take part in all stages of design, simulation, prototype, documentation, and manufacturing electronics. In addition, you will help project manager and other
Electrical engineers to achieve their goals and complete projects timely. The ideal candidate will be ready for the challenges of a fast-paced work environment and looking to gain experience as an electronics engineer.
Supports the mechanical design of new products and make improvements to existing products in CAD based on requirement and specifications outlined by senior members of the engineering team. Evaluate products, parts, and process for cost efficiency and reliability.
Create detail design drawings for mechanical and optical components to be reviewed by the engineering team
Works to develop tools and fixtures to aid in the manufacturing of the product design
Perform tolerance and fit analysis for designs to be presented to project managers for approval
Help develop procedures, processes, and work instructions. Document product and tooling designs in the PLM system
Creates and maintains detailed BOMs for new and existing products
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Student with a concentration in Mechanical Engineering with 2+ years of schooling completed
- Prior engineering experience strongly preferred
- Proficient with Solidworks or an equivalent mechanical design software package, PLM tools and tolerance stack-ups preferred
- History creating, reviewing and reading technical drawings. GD&T a plus.
- Experience in the design and development process with emphasis on precision and design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Organized and hardworking engineering student looking to make an impact on a fast-moving and highly technical product
- Ability to interpret and analyze test results
- Self-motivated and generally interested in lasers, physics, or high precision engineering
- Effective, hard worker with a team player 'can-do approach
- Required to communicate with both engineering and production team members
- Must have excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Willing to do to perform manual labor
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee(s) for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.