Panasonic – Mechanical Engineer
What You'll Get to Do:
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
- Develop battery product(s) based on mechanical specification, using both 2D and 3D drawing application software. ME2 receives support in design, possibly including initial concept.
- Support in design review of the product with Electrical Engineering, Product Engineering, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Project Management (PM), Certifications, etc. during development. Discussions is generally led by ME2, others MEs and managers will be present to support.
- Evaluate Sample parts and materials.
- Evaluate and review Sample product(s).
- Prepare and release official documentation and information. Managers and other MEs will check and approve.
- Other areas (e.g. ISO, PQMS, PDM, Inventory Control). ME2 can lead this task with support from others, depending on complexity.
- Training of other MEs.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Typically requires at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with 3D CAD and 2D drawings, specifically Pro/E Creo.
- Experience with MS Office and other normal PC programs.
- Some knowledge of Citrix/PDM is required.
- Some knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is required.
- Knowledge of die casting, powder coating, and electrical device or appliance design is not required but is beneficial.
- Analytical, good technical foundation, problem solver. Should be innovative, take the initiative to address problems and find solutions.
- Technical writing and speaking in English is clear enough to be understood by native English and non-native English speakers.
- Required level of persuasion is low to moderate. Supports in discussion with customers. Leads discussion with the factory.
- Japanese, Chinese, or Spanish is not required but is beneficial.
- Work is predominantly indoors. Physical requirements are office work level.
- Travel up to 10% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.