Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Perform design, development & sustaining including Mechanical layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of LRU components & systems. Participate with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements by assisting in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, thermal, Structural Rigidity, weight, EMI, DFM, DFT, product marketing and cost. May have specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Design and develop LRU Sheet metal & Plastic Enclosure and assemblies.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative Thermal/Mechanical Shock/Vibration Analysis of LRUs to determine Thermal/Dynamic Characteristics, and performance of materials, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
- Record and analyze LRU test data. Selects hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Coordinate with LRU procurement, manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product
- Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers
- Work directly with technicians, Mechanical designers, or other technical support personnel as required.
- Apply standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Communicate and sustain the Development and Design of the LRU Mechanical Parts with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Work with the respective Project Manager, or when required independently, to generate and update LRU Design and Development schedules
- Provide solutions and recommendations to the project lead.
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or equivalent with graduate coursework in the areas of vibration, strength of materials, finite elements, materials science, thermodynamics, etc. and either currently enrolled or graduated from an MS (Engineering) programs.
3-6 years’ experience in areas – Computer/Laptop/Ultramobile PC/LCD Design, Thermal, Strength of Materials, Properties of Materials and Machine Design.
Personal hands-on engineering projects (Computers, Laptops, Utramobile PC, LCDs) to meet Avionics Environmental/EMI/ESD/Safety Test Requirements a plus.
What we’re looking for:
- Assist in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Assist in designing using Pro/E MCAD Tool and analyzing LRU and equipment using conventional and CFD/FEA Analysis tools.
- Assist in developing and implementing test methods and procedures..
- Possess technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
- Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional within the Mechanical Engineering field.
- Capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate