Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Being a part of Panasonic’s assembly production process. The assembly group is responsible for the winding and cell assembly process that manufactures our cylindrical batteries from the electrode and other constituent parts.
- Analyze and optimize production processes to maximize performance, safety, and quality.
- Improve design of process machinery.
- Apply theory to real world applications.
- Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Participate in the transition of a product from concept to complete implementation.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes and SOPs.
- Implement and support manufacturing industrial automation.
- Work as one member of a specific team to develop, validate, and improve processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 4+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, machine design, and/or industrial automation.
- Strong design and drafting skills in 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks and simulation software.
- Must possess engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, etc.)
- Strong teamwork skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
- Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, quality control, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies.
- Preferred experience with industrial data analysis or MES system
- Experience breaking down high-level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Japanese language preferred.
- Experience with design and simulation of; precision machining, precision sheetmetal, thermoplastics, and large assemblies.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)/Product Data Management (PDM)/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.