Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for the performance and leadership of mechanical design, development & qualification of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal, Structural Rigidity, Acoustics, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT to meet customer’s Requirements. Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices for mechanical design, development & qualification of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal, Structural Rigidity, Acoustics, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT to meet customer’s requirements. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Perform design, development & sustaining including mechanical layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of LRU components & systems.
- Apply planning, advanced mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures, criteria and planning for engineering assignments that require extensive investigation and clarification.
- Provide support and direction in the design and development LRU sheet metal & plastic enclosure and assemblies.
- Ensure hardware and materials selection are in compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Communicates and sustains the development and design of the LRU mechanical parts with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to lower level engineers, designers, and support personnel as assigned.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for the product design.
- Participates with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Provide direction in the determination of complex problem solutions while giving consideration to form, fit, function, thermal, structural rigidity, weight, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT, product marketing, cost and time schedules for projects requiring extensive investigation and clarification
- Assume a leadership role in the coordination of LRU Procurement, Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to supporting personnel to resolve design and related manufacturing problems.
- Participate on CRB (Change Review Board) and facilitate communication for product design changes, reviews, change impact/implementation for products and parts.
- Create conceptual designs, assess risks, and develop cost effective products that meet the program requirements for packaging systems in airborne-based environments.
- Support a team in the performance of qualitative and quantitative thermal/mechanical shock/vibration analysis.
- Analyze LRUs to determine thermal/dynamic characteristics, and performance of materials, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent followed by an MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or equivalent.
10-15 years’ experience in areas such as Computer/Laptop/Ultra mobile PC design, thermal, strength of materials, properties of materials and machine design.
What we’re looking for:
- Highly adept in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Accomplished ability to design using Pro/E MCAD Tool and analyzing LRU and equipment using conventional and CFD/FEA Analysis tools.
- Exemplary technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Proven ability to modify existing processes, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Proven ability to lead a team in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to other engineers.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
- Extensively modifies existing process, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Adept with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Work on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate