- Business Acumen: Leading efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the business and thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business.
- Engineering Processes: Fluent in most processes and leading improvement initiatives.
- Project Impact: Responsible for managing projects requiring multiple components and sub-systems integration.
- Team Interaction: Technical leadership on project cross functional teams.
- External Customer Interaction: Interacts widely with external customers and bodies.
- Autonomy: Manages workload effectively with general direction required.
- Technical Communication: Can handle preparation and presentation on technical subjects.
- Technical Judgment (Problem Solving): Presentation of multiple solutions and effective reasoning around final selection shown.
- Developing Others: Effective at mentoring and guiding less experienced engineers.
- BS in Engineering discipline
- Engineer 1: 0 - 2 years of related experience
- Engineer 2: 2 - 5 years of related experience
- Engineer 3: 5 - 7 years of related experience
- Engineer 4: 7+ years of related experience
- Develop House of Quality matrix, prioritize customer requirements and relate customer requirements to engineering design specification
- Conduct a detailed Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA) per the American Automotive Industry Group (AAIG) standard
- Track product reliability using the reliability growth model
- Design and analyze two-level full factorial experiments with any number of input variables
- Conduct exploratory analyses using Analysis of Variation (ANOVA) and hypothesis testing
- Design and analyze advanced full and partial factorial experiments
- Use the analysis as the basis for a detailed failure mode and effects analysis
- Apply statistical simulation techniques to mathematical representations to understand the effect of input variation
- Conduct a detailed Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) per the AAIG standard
- Develop a control plan to resolve DFMEA and PFMEA issues including the identification of Key Control Characteristics