Panasonic / TeraDiode (TDI) – Mechanical Engineer
What You'll Get to Do:
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
TeraDiode (TDI) is a Massachusetts based Panasonic subsidiary and a world leader in developing high-power, high-brightness diode laser systems. Our kW-class direct diode laser technology is a disruptive force in the materials processing industry, which is currently dominated by Fiber and CO2 lasers. Our patented wavelength beam combining technology was developed by our co-founders from MIT Lincoln Laboratory for defense, industrial, and commercial materials processing applications.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
- Supports the mechanical design of new products and make improvements to existing products in CAD based on requirement specification, cost, manufacturability, and vendor capability with input from the engineering team
- Create detail design drawings for mechanical and optical components
- Perform analysis of thermal and mechanical performance over specified conditions using FEA
- Perform analysis for potential design tradeoffs for cost reduction
- Perform tolerance and fit analysis
- Work with technicians and other staff members to test-fit design
- Works to develop tools and fixtures to aid in the manufacturing of the product design
- Perform analysis of vendor capabilities
- Participates and presents in design and evaluation reviews
- Responsible for managing projects, including budget, schedule, meeting customer requirements and customer interaction
- Document product and tooling designs in the PLM system
- Creates and maintains detailed BOMs for new and existing products
What You'll Bring:Education & Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineer with 2+ years of related experience
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, Pro-E or similar
- Experience with some or all of the following: optical design, micron level tolerances, FEA, DFM, FMEA, kinematics, thermal modeling, mounting of optical components, and fixture design.
- Experience managing mechanical design from concept to completion
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience developing a product incorporating design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Experience drafting/designing industrial products and/or equipment
- High tech experience within a fast-paced environment
- Successful track record accomplishing desired results
- Able to lift 35 pounds
- Able to work in Cleanrooms with PPE and protective Eye Wear
- Able to work on devices using microscope, hand tools, automated tools and machinery
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.