The Materials Manager is responsible for coordinating incoming and outgoing movement and storage of raw materials and finished products and parts to meet production schedules. The Manager is responsible for compiling data on order volume, production schedules and forecasts and applies statistical methods to estimate future materials requirements. Such individual has accountability for the performance and results of a team and will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders focusing to support manufacturing activities and best business practices. The Manager is responsible for adapting departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures, and business plans.
- Directs the forecasting, receipts, storage, and movement of all material goods
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure the timely flow of materials within an established time frame
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and oversees freight bills to ensure cost-effectiveness
- Develops and monitors inventory control systems to ensure adequate supply and sufficient movement of materials
- Responsible for all the steps involved in getting products from suppliers to customers
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost.
- Hire, train, develop, engage, and motivate to drive accountability among team members while driving continuous improvement (mistake proofing, lean manufacturing strategies, FTQ), positive and safe working environment, and operational excellence (quality, cost, and delivery)
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Material Management or similar field required
- Preferred: Master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience developing and implementing policies
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of WMS and/or ERP Systems
- Previous experience directing warehouse operations in the manufacturing industry
- Ability to lead, motivate, and influence employees
- Strong change management skills with the ability to learn and implement Lean Six Sigma principles and concepts
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supervising and related experience with warehouse management, inventory management, and receiving and distribution processes
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Extensive experience with supply chain management and performance metrics
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.