Materials Management Supervisor
B/D Shift (M-F, 6:30pm-3:30am)
- Directly supervises employees in the Panasonic Raw Materials Management process.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for achieving and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Reviews production schedules and creates labor plans to meet the scheduled requirements.
- Coordinate with PPA and ITS Logistics on available space and what shipments of material can be received for the next day.
- Responsible for overseeing start of shift of pre-inspection sheets of all PIT equipment and proper PPE is worn.
- Assign associates their responsibilities for the day.
- Oversee all inbound and outbound material
- Coordinate all material movements to and from PENA dock
- Coordinate with a Tesla representatives on space and usage requirements
- Track weekly payroll of all employees.
- Support the team when short on personnel.
- Responsible for revising and/or establishing new work procedures.
- Must have proven Cycle Counting and Inventory control experience.
- Recommends continuous improvement activities to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities in related departments.
- Interprets company policies to workers and ensures that safety and ISM policies are followed.
- Consults with Manager and/or Human Resources to resolve employee relations problems for workers he/she supervises.
- Other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High school diploma with Associates or Technical School degree and a minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Must have prior lead or supervisory experience and strong leadership qualities in a fast-paced environment.
- Warehouse/Shipping/Receiving I.T. system experience preferred (SAP, MES, Oracle)
- VMI and Cross-dock experience a plus.
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Must be able to motivate team members, and work in a high performing team environment. Will need to counsel and deliver performance appraisals to operators.
- Able to use a manual pallet jack, motorized pallet jack or lift truck. Familiarity with MES, LOTO, FIFO, Lot numbers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and accurate counting of raw materials and product in an active environment.
- Computer skills equivalent to warehouse management systems, ERP (ex: SAP or Oracle) experience and MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction by seeking answers and a focus on team success
- Able to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before acting, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- High volume manufacturing experience strongly desired. Electric component, chemical manufacturing, medical/ pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience with Lean and 5S systems extremely beneficial.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 50%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.