• Responsible for achieving and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Confers with Production teams (Slitting and Assembly department) to enable continuous flow of material to production lines
• Confers with Inventory team to carry out line material changes, support inventory control activity, and reduce loss cost from production/material handling activity
• Confers with Inventory/SCM/Procurement teams to ensure stock levels and Quality Hold backlogs are within tolerances
• Reviews production schedules and creates labor plans to meet the scheduled requirements
• Produce a quality product in the Panasonic production process
• Responsible for revising and/or establishing new work procedures
• Must have experience in high volume shipping and receiving environment
• Must have proven inventory control experience
• Recommends continuous improvement activities to improve quality and reduce cost
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities in related departments
• Interprets company policies to workers and ensures that safety and ISM policies are followed
• Consults with Manager and/or Human Resources to resolve employee relations problems for workers he/she supervises
• Directly supervises employees in the Assembly Material Handling production process
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
• To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
• Basic/Required: High School Diploma with Associates or Technical School Degree
• Preferred: None
• Minimum of 2-5+ years of supervisory experience working in a high speed, automated manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• High volume manufacturing experience strongly desired
• Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
• Able to influence change without direct authority
• Approachable and adaptable; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing
• Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
• Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
• Warehouse/Shipping/Receiving I.T. system experience preferred (SAP, MES, Oracle)
• VMI and Cross-dock experience a plus
• Electric component, chemical manufacturing, medical/ pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus
• Experience with Lean Six Sigma and 5S systems extremely beneficial
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
• Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
• Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
• Prior manufacturing experience is desirable
• Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
• Sit: 20%
• Walk: 30%
• Stand: 30%
• Lift: 20%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
• Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
• Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
• Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
• Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.