Job Title: Material Handler
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Category: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
- Perform daily operational checks on mobile equipment (condition of the forks, lift mechanisms, brakes, wheels, control handles for wear and tear, fluid leaks, damage, etc.) Recording and inspection on equipment including, cleaning, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Receipt and transport of raw materials using mobile equipment of various types (manual pallet jacks, ride-on pallet jacks, lift trucks, etc.)
- Movement and transportation of in process product throughout the production area.
- Ability to accurately recognize and distinguish between part numbers and lot numbers of greater than 10 characters.
- Problem solving trouble shooting skills related to equipment and material issues.
- Communicate with co-workers the status of the current material or product at hand, damaged packaging, verbally either directly or through a two-way radio.
- Provide appropriate documentation i.e. delivery orders, lot tracking sheets, quality deviation sheets, quality specifications and attributes, to downstream customer.
- Must adhere to company rules and policy.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Must be willing to perform duties at a higher or lower level as assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Some High School.
- Preferred: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is preferred
- Must have a safety conscientious attitude.
- Able to use a manual pallet jack, motorized pallet jack or lift truck.
- Familiarity with MES, LOTO, FIFO, Lot numbers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and accurate counting of raw materials and product in an active environment.
- Familiar with computer terminals, Operator Interface Terminal, touch screens, RF scanners.
- Basic skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Preferred License(s): None
Preferred Certification(s): None
Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to:
Tools and/or Equipment:
Occasional (1-33%) Frequent (34-66%) Continuous
Office Equipment (Fax, copier, 10-key) X
Required Lifting and Carrying:
Weight to be manually lifted each normal workday. (Occasional 1 - 33%, Frequent 34 - 66%, Continuous 67 - 100%)
Not Required Occasional Frequent Continuous
Up to 10 lbs X
Up to 20 lbs X
Up to 35 lbs X
Team-Lift Only (over 35 lbs) X
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.