Material Handler I
The Material Handler, under broad supervision, expedites the movement of raw materials between production areas while safely operates appropriate equipment such as forklifts, manual pallet jacks, and ride-on pallet jacks. The Handler prepares and coordinates schedules for pulling and delivering materials to control the flow of goods and regulate production floor space. Trouble shooting skills related to equipment and material issues are necessary to complete daily tasks.
- Perform daily operational checks on mobile equipment (condition of the forks, lift mechanisms, brakes, wheels, control handles for wear and tear, fluid leaks, damage, etc.) Recording and inspection on equipment including, cleaning, checking, and adding fluids as needed
- Receipt and transport of raw materials using mobile equipment of various types (manual pallet jacks, ride-on pallet jacks, lift trucks, etc.)
- Movement and transportation of in process product throughout the production area
- Ability to accurately recognize and distinguish between part numbers and lot numbers of greater than 10 characters
- Problem solving trouble shooting skills related to equipment and material issues
- Communicate with co-workers the status of the current material or product at hand, damaged packaging, verbally either directly or through a two-way radio
- Provide appropriate documentation i.e. delivery orders, lot tracking sheets, quality deviation sheets, quality specifications and attributes, to downstream customer
- Must adhere to company rules and policy
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to perform duties at a higher or lower level as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Some High School
- Preferred: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is preferred
- Must have a safety conscientious attitude
- Able to use a manual pallet jack, motorized pallet jack or lift truck
- Familiarity with MES, LOTO, FIFO, Lot numbers
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and accurate counting of raw materials and product in an active environment
- Familiar with computer terminals, Operator Interface Terminal, touch screens, RF scanners
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 50%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.