Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power. Responsibilities Include
- Perform daily operational checks on mobile equipment (condition of the forks, lift mechanisms, brakes, wheels, control handles for wear and tear, fluid leaks, damage, etc.) Recording and inspection on equipment including, cleaning, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Receipt and transport of raw materials using mobile equipment of various types (manual pallet jacks, ride-on pallet jacks, lift trucks, etc.)
- Movement and transportation of in process product throughout the production area.
- Ability to accurately recognize and distinguish between part numbers and lot numbers of greater than 10 characters.
- Problem solving trouble shooting skills related to equipment and material issues.
- Communicate with co-workers the status of the current material or product at hand, damaged packaging, verbally either directly or through a two-way radio.
- Provide appropriate documentation i.e. delivery orders, lot tracking sheets, quality deviation sheets, quality specifications and attributes, to downstream customer.
- Must adhere to company rules and policy.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing to perform duties at a higher or lower level as assigned.
- Experience in material handling, warehouse operations preferred
- Must be able to read and understand English instructions, written and verbally.
- Must have a safety conscientious attitude.
- Able to use a manual pallet jack, motorized pallet jack or lift truck.
- Familiarity with MES, LOTO, FIFO, Lot numbers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and accurate counting of raw materials and product in an active environment.
- Familiar with computer terminals, Operator Interface Terminal, touch screens, RF scanners.
- Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask, respirator or PAPR, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net.
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Must be able to pull/push pallets weighing up to 1700 lbs. on a pallet jack.
- Must be able to work up to 12-hour shifts. Constant use of a safety blade.
- Must be able to manage time.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.LI-CB1