Panasonic Avionics is known for innovation and massive scale in the field of In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity working with more than 300 airlines across the world. We deliver entertainment experience for more than 2.7 billion passengers flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft. We are expanding our AWS footprint with our next generation application portfolio.
This team member will be responsible for taking a lead role in developing and maintaining cloud solutions for products that include complex development in an AWS environment. The individual will have a diverse skill set that includes development and maintenance of full stack web and transactional solutions.
Experience with ETL, automation, containers, and Linux systems. Should have solid understanding of database technologies (SQL No-SQL), and exposure to basic network security methodologies (AWS VPC).
Provides specific technical solutions with an emphasis on efficient, quality iterations. Provides mentorship, leadership and technical guidance to engineers on projects. Must have extensive “hands-on” developer experience.
Open minded individual who can work with various stake holders including Architects, Product Line Managers and other senior stake holders. Ability to collaborate with multiple teams is critical for this role.
- Lead a team of engineers, consisting of both on and off premise resources, developing cloud-native applications and services
- Design and implement distributed compute clusters and services that will form the core of our ground cloud services
- Continuously improve operational excellence through a culture of learning and ongoing, proactive investments in reliability and resiliency of our ground services
- Collaborate, negotiate and persuade various architecture and development teams supported by strong technical facts
- Develops functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts to communicate with Architects and team members
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes design interfaces. Prepares, reviews, and evaluates interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Ensure full observability and real-time analytics into the state of the application services
- Deeply understand how developers can use Node.js at PAC to create the optimal solutions and abstractions for their use cases, and to help drive and evolve best practices
- Promote design patterns that make it easier for developers to enhance and maintain their software
- Address complex design problems with simple, intuitive designs
- Drive adoption of new technology into existing complex systems
- Provide estimates and oversight within a Scrum environment
- Work with dev-ops to develop training plans for the development teams
- Work with internal stake holders to evaluate requirements, and convey them into work items with the team
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
- Ability to work with complex system design specifications and provides systems engineering support on large-scale systems, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems, requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- 8+ years of full-stack, enterprise web development experience for scalable and distributed platforms
- At least 4+ years of production NodeJS experience; understand Typescript EcmaScript, and ES2015+ concepts
- Exposure to AWS technologies such as AWS Lambda, AWS Config, SNS, deployment pipelines, Multi-Region and AZ deployments, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cost modeling AWS resources
- Solid understanding of REST, containerization, polyglot programming, caching, as well as Event-Driven and Microservice-based architectures
- Real world experience designing, developing and defending a modern distributed compute platform
- Expertise with AWS and exposure to one or more major cloud providers (Azure, Google)
- Strong API development experience and exposure to various formats such as REST Open API
- Working experience with database and message broker deployment, configuration, monitoring, and debugging.
- Strong design and developments of AWS SQS queue patterns
- Database design skills for relational and non-relational databases with various non-relational database systems and their trade-offs
- Strong Container Development, Layering and Deployment experience such as Docker
- Solid experience working with Cloud Formation Templates / SAM Templates
- Exposure to CI, CD and Container Orchestration Services such as AWS Fargate, AWS ECS, AWS ECR and EKS
- Exposure to IAM Identities and Policies
- Exposure to GIT based source repositories such as GitLab, Bitbucket etc
Good to Have
- Exposure to Kubernetes, Ansible / Vagrant and Terraform
- Exposure to JSON schema
- Exposure Messaging /Streaming Services, such as Kinesis, Kafka
- Understanding compliance, security, and data protection policies such as GDPR, PCI, PSD-2 etc.
Education or Experience required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of full-stack web development experience
- 4+ years of production NodeJS experience
- Avionics development experience is a plus
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.