As the Marketing/Product Manager, you will provide strategic product management leadership for assigned product line to achieve profitable growth. You will develop and execute strategies to expand Hussmann reach into market segments including supermarket, C-Stores, and Food Service segments. You will lead development activities across all functions to deliver value in temperature control solutions for our customers and serve as the point of reference for market understanding and product needs. You will measure and improve the effectiveness of product development and marketing activities through the Balanced Scorecard methodology in alignment with the Hussmann LRP and AOP plans. You will report to the Global Specialty Product Leader.
- Market Understanding - Assess opportunities by thoroughly understanding market sizes, segmentations, & trends through Research, VOC & Focus group studies, competitive SWOT analysis & other methods. Direct & support market forecasting & calibration.
- Customer Needs Understanding - Analyze customers product requirements, input, & feedback on a CCA basis and take actions to ensure current and new products continuously meet and exceed these customer requirements. Develop strategies for assigned product line and market segment that most profitably meets customer needs while assuring continuous market share gain. Product line strategy shall consist of near term (tactical) and long term (strategic) elements.
- Product Management - Provide leadership to the engineering & sales organization within the product development process. Balance the needs of the market with the capabilities, competencies and resources of Hussmann.
- Product Management - Implement and manage product management activities that creatively apply the strengths of Hussmann's product lines, technologies, knowledge base and brand name reputation that lead to the development of new products and services resulting in new sales opportunities, increase volume & increased profitability.
- Product Management - Lead product management activities that stimulate the development and introduction of new products utilizing new and/or emerging technologies providing strategic and competitive advantage. Lead development efforts to insure prime cost objectives are met. Establish global pricing & manage DPC ratios.
- Product Marketing - Lead & manage the development of sales support materials for all products to ensure products are fully supported with literature, new product launch packages, sales tools, web page content and product differentiation support materials. Provide Regional Sales & Marketing groups with continuously updated competitive value selling material & conduct sales training as needed.
- Market Segment Management - Lead the development of the business strategy to expand Hussmann's presence in the Alternate Formats including convenience, drug, dollar, food service facilities. Learn the needs of the market through gathering market intelligence, understanding market trends and participating in trade associations. Translate the market needs into strategies related to product or service offering, channels to market and marketing communication programs. Provide input to product managers of other Hussmann product regarding the market needs for products that support the Alternate Format strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 8 years of progressive marketing experience with 4 years' experience in product management
- Given the nature of the business opportunity, it will be necessary for you to have both a technical aptitude in mechanical engineering as well as in strategic business, market, and customer needs assessment
- Proficient understanding of alternate format retail operations
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.