Panasonic – Marketing Manager, Brand and PR
What you will get to do:
At YO Labs, we’re finding new ways for technology and design to lighten our loads, reclaim our time, and improve our well-being. We want it all. A career and home. Family and friends. Health and wellness. But actually, having it all can leave us feeling overloaded. And research shows it. 43% of people struggle with decision-making. 66% say overload affects their work, and 62%, their interpersonal relationships.
Technology was supposed to help by making us more efficient. But the faster we get things done, the more we take on, and our well-being falls to the bottom of the list. YO Labs is on a mission to make balance a priority – and do it joyfully.
It’s a meaningful product challenge: helping society reclaim time and make space for joy through technology and design. That’s what the team at YO Labs is solving for every day, and we have a lot fun doing it. With leadership from big tech like Google, Apple, Microsoft, and hypergrowth startups like Nest, Waymo, TaskRabbit, and Casper, we’re motivated to make the world a happier place. Join us!
As a Marketing Manager, Brand and PR at YO Labs, you will be tasked with all brand marketing initiatives including owned social media, influencer marketing, cause marketing, PR agency communications, local media and experiential marketing.
You are the brand steward and will own external and internal marketing communication to ensure our brand voice is reaching the right audience in the right way at the right times. You will manage our owned social media channels including (but not limited to) Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. You will also own the relationship with our PR agency to ensure our earned and paid media strategy aligns with all of our brand initiatives.
The role will also support influencer marketing, cause marketing, local media and experiential marketing. So long as you are driven by curiosity (not entitlement) and show initiative, YO offers many opportunities to grow.
This role reports to the Marketing Team Lead and will collaborate closely with the Brand Design and the Creative team. After an initial onboarding period, expect frequent questions from the CEO and company-wide internal communication and insights share outs!
- Responsible for strategic management of organic social media channels including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter (with expansion to additional platforms)
- Build content strategy and manage social media calendar including daily posting and community management
- Grow and engage social media audience and brand reputation across all channels
- Monitor, track and report performance daily, weekly and monthly
- Create strategy, vet, select, brief and monitor performance for influencer marketing campaigns
- Manage the relationship with our PR agency including strategy development and day-to-day activity including content pitching, press placement in long and short lead and ond overall communication across brand announcements
- Partner in leading experiential marketing and local media initiatives in select cities including brainstorming ideas, getting scrappy and finding innovative ways to bring the brand to life
- Manage the strategy and execution of our cause marketing initiatives including charity partnerships and communication across all owned and paid channels
- Be a brand champion internally (in addition to externally) by creating and presenting marketing initiatives at key meetings such as All-Hands
- Create and present briefs to the Creative team for all brand initiatives
- Partner with agencies and internal brand/growth marketing teams to ensure a unified brand voice across all channels
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience managing brand initiatives including social media and influencer marketing programs preferably at a high-growth B2C startup
- You are a natural brand advocate and enjoy being the voice of the customer both internally and externally
- You are a creative and strategic marketer who is passionate about social media and the influencer marketing space and is proactively looking for ways to optimize, improve and try new ideas
- You are highly organized and proactive, always looking for innovative ways to push brand initiatives while staying on top of the day-to-day
- You have experience (or are interested in quickly learning) how to build a new brand through experiential marketing, cause marketing initiatives and local media efforts
- You like to think outside the box and thrive with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- You partner well with Creative teams and know how best to brief and communicate with them to effectively get the best output
- You know how to effectively manage agencies to ensure alignment with our overall brand communication and direction
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.