Panasonic – Marketing Leader
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position is fully responsible for all aspects of strategy and implementation of marketing for an emerging Industrial Internet of Things Solutions business within Panasonic growing to SBU (Strategic Business Unit) level of $100M over the next 5 – 7 years with sales to large automotive and other manufacturing firms, operating in Europe, North America, China, Japan, and other global manufacturing regions.
- Brand Awareness and Lead Generation (direct contribution & team implementation)
- Strategic Marketing Relationships with Sales Cos & HQ, Team Building, and coordination with Sales
- Business Strategy, Go-To-Market Tactics, Business Planning, Market Analysis, Messaging
- Product Marketing & Collaterals (team implementation)
- PR and related press opportunities
The successful candidate will have experience in building:
- A global team of direct marketing manager reports with specializations in their global regions as well as specializations in web, direct marketing, product collaterals, messaging, and other disciplines.
- A strong, global vendor base for support in the above activities (web, docs, graphics, etc.)
- Strong peer-to-peer relationships with other marketing executives, notably those in the Panasonic sales companies as well as those in Panasonic Japan.
In addition, this person will be coordinating with marketing directors and other marketing executives in Panasonic related sales companies in North American, Europe, etc. – helping to build IIOTS marketing campaigns, integrate IIoTS marketing messages synergistically with existing sales company marketing, and promoting sales/lead-generation campaigns in concert with these sales company regions. This work will require seniority and skills in building relationships with other marketing executives across the globe.
- 2 – 3 direct reports in 2020 growing to 5 – 6 over 3 – 4 years across North America, Europe, and China.
- Full marketing budget responsibility with accountability for vendor management and spend.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 12-15 years managing B2B demand generation marketing, brand awareness, PR and press communications, product marketing and collateral development, web site content development, and eMarketing techniques.
- A VP marketing position in a entrepreneurial technology company or emerging corporate business unit with 360-degree visibility/management of all aspects of B2B marketing (lead gen, brand, PR, product, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Building teams and marketing campaigns with a proven track record of driving lead, pipeline and revenue growth (direct and channel) of up to $300M in size.
- Degree in Marketing, Business, or related experience required.
- Experience in building a marketing team and establishing specific marketing strategies for a growing solutions business in the areas of lead generation, building brand awareness, PR, value proposition and messaging development, partner development, and product marketing activities. This is a critical position demanding significant industry experience as the marketing and sales strategies for this new-to-Panasonic solutions business unit must be developed from ground up.
- Demonstrated experience in building marketing teams that produce successful demand generation programs including; email, blog, web, social media, customer success stories, whitepapers, blogs, PR, etc.
- Strong focus on eMarketing/SEO/SEM B2B marketing strategies and tactics targeting large enterprise with high-technology solution product lines.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively forge and develop strong peer-to-peer relationships with other marketing executives in teams around the world.
- Business strategy and leadership competence is highly desired to enable contributions at the SBU development level
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, budgets and marketing plan execution globally
- Experience with the capabilities of modern electronic marketing tools such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Adwords & Google Analytics
- Possesses an analytical and creative mind to create strategies and programs from scratch in lead generation, brand awareness and other activities. The ability to build the implementation teams and measure campaign success. Ability to objectively evaluate results and adjust for future success
- Passion for developing new ways to reach and engage B2B enterprise manufacturing customers globally.
Ability to proactively build peer-to-peer relationships with marketing executives in peer Panasonic businesses that are (initially) much larger in size than this early stage IIoTS group is required. Ability to then constructively and synergistically influence their planning and programs to support this new IIoT Solutions business.
- Experience communicating/collaborating with sales, product management and engineering is required
- Experience building global direct-reporting teams
- Experience building global vendor and supplier base.
- US and international travel will be required as needed
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.