Panasonic – Market Research Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Connected vehicles, along with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (collectively known as V2X) are poised to radically transform the transportation industry. CIRRUS by Panasonic is a data aggregation and insights platform born in the Cloud that bridges the digital and physical worlds. The need for this bridge is becoming increasingly more important for Departments of Transportation and their Transportation Operation Centers and will directly impact the safety and efficiency of drivers on our roadways.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Smart Mobility Office within Panasonic acts as an incubation engine to capture new opportunities and become a gamechanger in the rapidly transforming transportation industry. We are harnessing our own disruptive technologies to advance vehicle-to-everything (V2X) technology that transforms each vehicle into a true IoT device and leverages this data to revolutionize traffic management and safety on our roadways.
The Cirrus/V2X Consumer and Market Insights team (CMI) represents the Voice of the Customer, serving as the single source for customer and market data and truth for the organization. By executing on this, we help the business to make more-informed, and therefore less risky, business decisions while ensuring our customers remain at the center of our decision-making process.
As the Market Research Manager, you will lead market research for the Cirrus/V2X team. You will gather, assimilate, analyze, and present timely, relevant consumer, market, and competitor insights to a wide variety of stakeholders. You work will shape the strategic direction of our business by providing strategic recommendations that inform our marketing, business strategy, and product development decisions.
This position will report into the Director of Consumer and Market Insights and will work with closely with all functional business areas including sales and business development, marketing, product management, and engineering - as well as with the Panasonic ABM Team and Corporate Marketing.
Conceive, lead, and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies that drive strategic and tactical marketing, business, and product decisions.
Create clear and compelling market research storylines that are strategically sound and emotionally provocative to inform business strategy, the development of product roadmaps, enhance marketing efforts, drive engineering efforts, and provide early warning for strategic course corrections.
Creation and management of a Market Research Roadmap that enables the business to remain focused on the most important issues and topics.
Develop a deep understanding of the connected vehicle landscape including, but not limited to, products, markets, competitors, etc., and develop frameworks to synthesize this understanding into insights for the business, e.g. segmentation models, competitive analysis, etc.
Lead the strategic growth of this discipline on the research team, building strong relationships with the Marketing, GTM, and research teams within the Smart Mobility Office at Panasonic.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Market Research, Psychology, Social Science, or related field (bonus for a Master’s);
- Minimum of 3 years of experience conducting market research;
- Deep understanding, and experience with, leading-edge quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and technologies to deliver consumer and market insights;
- Market research, consumer insights, or related experience in client-side companies with a strong consumer focus;
- Experience conducting B2B market research a plus;
- Experience managing vendor relationships;
- Proficient in methodological design (including approach, protocol, survey/questionnaire and output/deliverables)
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships across an organization to align insights to each line of business and ensure research projects meet today and future business needs.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Self-starter—always looking for opportunities to improve something and will jump in to fix things without being asked;
- An expert storyteller with the ability to influence business decisions;
- An independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary;
- Flourishes in ambiguity;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to think both analytically and creatively—balance left and right brain—people person as well as data person.
It would be a bonus if:
- You understand and are able to implement the “Jobs to be Done” framework to articulate opportunities and business strategies within existing customers and future ones, grounded in data and insights.
- Position is based in Denver, CO Panasonic office.
- Travel to support sales, marketing and customer events up to 35%.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.