- Lead a team of technical professionals (analysts, administrators, and engineers) working to develop innovative deliverables founded from business obligations, operational requirements, and best practices
- Guide a team of software engineers and application developers through software development lifecycles
- Supervise operations, maintenance, and system administration of mission critical systems, including upgrades, new system implementations, and integrations of legacy systems to ensure reliable and optimal performance
- Facilitate discussions with internal and external customers to coordinate new and/or improved functionality, design, process, workflows, and trainings with both technical and non-technical staff
- Develop team resources and optimize performance to support strategic initiatives and operational goals
- Build new system and application implementation plans, testing procedures, and both short- and long-term roadmaps to ensure operational excellence of manufacturing systems
- Leads problem-solving efforts regarding system and service matters and if necessary, facilitates support with outside personnel, organizations, and/or vendors
- Prioritize and coordinate capacity across multiple projects, work requests, and teams to ensure quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction
- Monitor tech-industry trends and brings new ideas and innovative solutions
- Ensure compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including SOX compliance
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School Degree or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience in a large business or enterprise setting
- Technical experience in datacenter hardware, monitoring platforms, cloud infrastructure (such as AWS), and software implementation
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment desirable
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Effectively train/advise users on information technology issues
- Prepare written documentation in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Creative thinker with attention to detail; strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Ability to work extended-hours or outside of normal business hours including weekends as needed
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithiumion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.