Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
As the Manufacturing Quality Manager, you will champion plant product quality, including field complaints, rework and scrap. You lead cross functional teams to resolve quality issues. You will report to the Plant Manager.
- Manage Quality department employees (quality engineers, engineering change coordinators, inspectors and lab technician)
- Maintain ISO 9001 certification. Continually improve the quality management system. Lead internal audits and resolve non-conformances. Manage corrective and preventive actions
- Create monthly reports of plant quality metrics and present results to leadership team. Lead monthly quality steering team. Provide updates to monthly quality and reliability meetings
- Oversee product inspection and daily Voice of the Customer product audits. Provide support to Manufacturing team when quality and engineering issues arise
- Lead material review board for timely resolution of non-conforming parts. Participate in regular inter-departmental Scrap review meetings
- Share customer feedback on the quality of products with key manufacturing leaders and participate in finding rapid and effective solutions to areas of deficiency
- Manage the Quality Engineering group to ensure product changes are setup and communicated to the plant for seamless implementation of changes
- Participate in all aspects of new product introduction. Develop control plans, FMEAs, and help communication between manufacturing and project management/engineering. Document and lead resolution of problems identified during prototype builds
- Resolve field reports timely with appropriate root cause and corrective action. Provide support for field service questions regarding product quality
- Train employees on new processes, systems and quality tools
- Foster positive work relationships and developing teamwork with the departments and entire organization
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience in quality leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in A3 and 8 step problem solving methods
- Certification as ISO 9001 lead auditor, CQE or CQM/OE preferred
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer