Champion plant product quality, including field complaints, rework and scrap. Lead cross functional teams to resolve quality issues.
- Manage Quality department employees (quality engineers, engineering change coordinators, inspectors and lab technician).
- Maintain ISO 9001 certification. Continually improve the quality management system. Lead internal audits and resolve non-conformances. Manage corrective and preventive actions.
- Create monthly reports of plant quality metrics and present results to leadership team. Lead monthly quality steering team. Provide updates to monthly quality and reliability meetings.
- Responsible for product inspection and daily Voice of the Customer product audits. Provide support to Manufacturing team when quality and engineering issues arise.
- Lead material review board for timely resolution of non-conforming parts. Participate in regular inter-departmental Scrap review meetings.
- Share customer feedback on the quality of products with key manufacturing leaders and participate in finding rapid and effective solutions to areas of deficiency.
- Manage the Quality Engineering group to ensure product changes are setup and communicated to the plant for seamless implementation of changes.
- Participate in all aspects of new product introduction. Develop control plans, FMEAs, and act as liaison between manufacturing and project management/engineering. Document and lead resolution of problems identified during prototype builds.
- Resolve field reports in a timely manner with appropriate root cause and corrective action. Provide support for field service questions regarding product quality.
- Train employees on new processes, systems and quality tools.
- Capable of fostering positive work relationships and developing teamwork with the departments and entire organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in quality leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in A3 and 8 step problem solving methods
- Preferred certification as ISO 9001 lead auditor, CQE or CQM/OE