Panasonic – Manufacturing Process Engineer Wilmington, MA
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for creating the stages of a manufacturing system that ultimately produces a product in the most time-efficient and cost-effective way possible, while always maintaining staff safety and product quality. Manufacturing Engineers design and operate the manufacturing systems for a product. This role is not remote and is based in Wilmington, MA.
- Identify the most cost-effective material handling and facility layout alternatives for manufacturing
- Analyze the product design and apply manufacturing best principles regarding assembly, tooling and materials
- Consult with Engineering regarding production methodology; work instructions, work flow, equipment layout, process, etc.
- Ensure continuous improvement and optimum use of materials for maximum efficiency and profitability
- Assure product and process integrity by establishing and adhering to quality standards, work instructions, and equipment update schedule
- Work with Engineering on conceptualizing the design of the manufacturing process by conducting research, solicit observations and understanding the use of the equipment functionality
- Perform routine maintenance and schedule calibration on floor equipment
- Support manufacturing personnel
- Develop sustainable manufacturing processes and amend when necessary by preparing documentation or engineering procedures
- Keep ahead of current practices in manufacturing field to provide maximum efficiencies and high ROI’s
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS, or MS in Physics, Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required
- At least 2 years of prior experience working in a manufacturing R&D lab/cleanroom wearing required protective gear
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, design techniques, blueprints, drawings and models
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, Python and C programming
- Able to understand and simplify complex concepts
- Supervise/Leadership qualities
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver/troubleshooting
- High level of dexterity
- Will be required to communicate with Engineers, Technicians and Assemblers
- Will be required to compile and present data to management
- May need to speak face to face with vendors/suppliers regarding inventory, quality processes, material, machine operations, etc.
- May need to speak on the phone with Japan manufacturing team
- Able to work on devices using microscope, hand tools, automated tools and machinery
- Able to work in Cleanrooms with PPE and protective Eye Wear
- Able to lift 35 pounds
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee(s) for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.