Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious engineers to lead the world’s largest lithium ion battery initiative. With the superior battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world, Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day in the Gigafactory to support Tesla’s electric vehicle and power wall businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing, full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, engineers quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and leaders who work with the manufacturing teams to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest performance and quality lithium ion batteries.
- Provides engineering support related to daily production activities. Works to optimize OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) to increase productivity and reduce defect and loss.
- Utilizes OEE and other production data to effectively manage tasks and activities.
- Demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills and ability to quickly solve unknown problems.
- Troubleshooting real time production problems to maintain production and reduce defects.
- Working with Maintenance teams to coordinate maintenance activities ranging from reactive to preventative maintenance.
- Working with engineering/maintenance teams to develop permanent countermeasures to common problems in daily manufacturing. Can relate to productivity, quality, loss, safety, etc.
- Implementing and expand these new permanent countermeasures into production lines.
- Monitoring and auditing manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Applying technical knowledge to develop clear and standard work instructions, SOP’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Implementing and supporting manufacturing industrial automation.
- Other duties may be assigned
- B.S./M.S. in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Electrical/Chemical Engineering and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Able to work production shift schedules.
- Able to train manufacturing operators on new or revised manufacturing process instructions or tooling.
- Should be flexible with the working environment and be able to perform job duties between manufacturing floor and office/desk.
- Must be able to perform machine and process troubleshooting and apply root cause analysis.
- Strong manufacturing background with high mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge or experience with 3D CAD, mechanical drawings, MPI, P&IDs.
- Must possess engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, tolerancing, MPI’s).
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters. Knowledge of FTA, FMEA, etc.
- Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction and will focus on team success.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach who consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in engineering in manufacturing or industrial automation.
- Experience with control strategy, PLC, and sensor/actuator relationships is a plus.
- Previous experience with Industrial data analysis or Manufacturing Execution System (MES) desired.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) such as batteries or electronic devices.
- Experience working in machine shops and fabricating machine parts.
- Familiar with six sigma methodologies and tools.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.