Production Engineering Supervisor
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious engineers to lead the world’s largest lithium ion battery initiative. With superior battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world, Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day at Gigafactory 1 to support Tesla’s electric vehicle and stationary storage businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing, full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, our engineers quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and leaders who work with the manufacturing teams to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the world’s highest performance and highest quality lithium ion batteries.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating night shift.
- Analyzing and optimizing production processes to maximize performance, safety, and quality.
- Improving design of process machinery.
- Applying theory to real world applications.
- Monitoring and auditing manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Participating in the transition of a product from concept to complete implementation.
- Applying technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes and SOPs.
- Implementing and supporting manufacturing industrial automation.
- Working as one member of a specific team to develop, validate, and improve processes.
B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Able to train manufacturing operators on new or revised manufacturing process instructions or tooling.
- Should be flexible with the working environment and be able to perform job duties between manufacturing floor and office/desk.
- Must be able to perform machine and process troubleshooting and apply root cause analysis.
- Previous experience with 3D CAD, mechanical drawings, MPI, or P&IDs.
- Must possess engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, tolerancing, MPI’s).
- Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
- Experience breaking down high-level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office
- Experience with fabrication processes (precision machining, plastics, precision sheet metal, etc.).
- Experience with control strategy, PLC, and sensor/actuator relationships is a plus.
- Multicultural experience preferred.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)/Product Data Management (PDM)/Enterprise Resource.
- Planning (ERP) experience preferred.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time.
- Wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.