Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, engineers quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and work to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest performance and highest quality lithium ion batteries.
- Being a part of Panasonic’s Manufacturing Engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for supporting Panasonic’s battery production to ensure our world-class production is running smoothly and without issue. In addition, we continually seek to improve our process by means of productivity, quality, cost, and other metrics.
- Provides engineering support related to daily production including on floor troubleshooting involving mechanical and electrical equipment by performing analysis and experiments.
- Analyze production data to reduce defect date of mechanical and electromechanical production equipment using various computer systems.
- Works to optimize OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) to increase productivity and reduce defect and loss.
- Troubleshooting real time production problems to maintain production and reduce defects.
- Monitoring and auditing manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Lead a team of engineers on more complex troubleshooting problems and designs.
- Ability to comprehend, produce, and review CAD and Solidworks drawings.
- Applying technical knowledge to develop clear and standard work instructions, SOP’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Project manage the rollout and implementation of new permanent countermeasures into production lines.
- Create and present equipment changes to upper management for CAPEX and Change Management approvals.
- Implementing and supporting manufacturing industrial automation.
- Working with engineering/maintenance teams to develop permanent countermeasures to common problems in daily manufacturing. Can relate to productivity, quality, loss, safety, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Evidence of exceptional ability. Panasonic follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish. We are looking for the best of the best.
- Experience performing engineering functions and responsibilities in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to train manufacturing operators on new or revised manufacturing process instructions or tooling.
- Should be flexible with the working environment and be able to perform job duties between manufacturing floor and office/desk.
- Must be able to perform machine and process troubleshooting and apply root cause analysis.
- Strong manufacturing background with high mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge or experience with 3D CAD, mechanical drawings, MPI, P&IDs.
- Must possess engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, tolerancing, MPI’s).
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters. Knowledge of FTA, FMEA, etc.
- Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction and will focus on team success.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach who consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Experience with formal engineering change management processes.
- Experience with control strategy, PLC, and sensor/actuator relationships is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing data analysis desired.
- Familiar with six sigma methodologies and tools
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 50%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent