Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Being part of Panasonic’s formation process. The formation group is responsible for the systems that carry out charging and discharging of the batteries under multiple sets of conditions.
- Working alone or with engineering team members to complete projects to both improve processes in existing production lines and install/commission new production capacity.
- Supporting engineering supervisors to ensure successful Gigafactory engineering operations.
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determining feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Providing technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Preparing or directing preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directing and coordinating manufacturing or building of prototype products or systems.
- Planning and developing experimental test programs.
- Analyzing test data and reporting to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluating engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems such as Mitsubishi and Omron.
- Experience utilizing CAD software such as Solidworks.
- Background working in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to facilitate successful interactions with team members and management.
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety regulations.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.