Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The Manufacturing Engineer will define and implement manufacturing process efficiency improvements through the execution of Lean/Six Sigma/6S projects. The individual will monitor quantitative performance measurements for the Manufacturing department, with a focus on continuous improvement of manufacturing processes. The individual will train cross-functional associates to facilitate widespread adoption of improved manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement manufacturing process improvement projects that improve our ability to efficiently produce conforming products that meet or exceed requirements and expectations. Meet or exceed the goals and timelines of improvement projects.
- Create manufacturing documentation, including process instructions, BoMs and Routers that reflect the process improvements developed above.
- Continually analyze information from manufacturing processes to identify waste, constraints, and opportunities for improvement. Propose process improvement projects based on this information.
- Develop tools, fixtures, and assembly aides to improve and standardize manufacturing processes, reduce rework, improve cycle time, and increase productivity and capacity.
- Participate in cross functional teams to support divisional objectives.
- Work cohesively with design engineering and other manufacturing departments.
- Assist with sourcing and managing outsourced products.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Lean/Six Sigma/6S/Visual Factory projects in the context of ongoing production.
- Experience in the practical application of 6S, Six Sigma, SPC and/or Lean Tools and Techniques.
- Solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply this knowledge to manufacturing and production design.
- Experience in Manufacturing Operations, Process Development, and Design Engineering relating to how and why materials are used and assembled.
- Experienced in preparing technical documentation.
- Familiarity with Tier 1 ERP systems (Oracle or equivalent.)
- Experience in Value Stream Mapping (VSM.)
- Experience in project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- BSc or BEng Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering, Operations Research, or related degree. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- At least 4 years of experience in the field or in a closely related area.
- Cellular manufacturing optimization and commercial aircraft experience is highly desired.
- Familiar with application of regulatory and customer specifications in relation to manufacturing processes and procedures.
- May require occasional travel (5%.)
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.