Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, engineers quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and work to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest performance and highest quality lithium ion batteries.
- Being a part of Panasonic’s Battery Manufacturing Engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for supporting Panasonic’s battery production to ensure our world-class production is running smoothly and without issue. In addition, we continually seek to improve our process by means of productivity, quality, cost, and other metrics.
- Works with levels II & III to assist in the engineering support related to daily production activities. Works to optimize OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) to increase productivity and reduce defect and loss.
- Utilizes OEE and other production data to effectively manage tasks and activities.
- Learning & demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills and ability to quickly solve unknown problems.
- Troubleshooting real time production problems to maintain production and reduce defects.
- Assists with levels II & III in working with Maintenance teams to coordinate maintenance activities ranging from reactive to preventative maintenance.
- Working with engineering/maintenance teams to develop permanent countermeasures to common problems in daily manufacturing. Can relate to productivity, quality, loss, safety, etc.
- Provides support to the implementing and expanding these new permanent countermeasures into production lines.
- Learning the monitoring and auditing manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Applying technical knowledge to develop clear and standard work instructions, SOP’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Implementing and supporting manufacturing industrial automation.
- Other duties may be assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- B.S./M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Evidence of exceptional ability. Panasonic follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish
- Experience performing engineering functions and responsibilities in a manufacturing environment
- Able to work production shift schedules
- Able to assist in training manufacturing operators on new or revised manufacturing process instructions or tooling
- Should be flexible with the working environment and be able to perform job duties between manufacturing floor and office/desk
- Must be able to learn and perform machine and process troubleshooting and apply root cause analysis
- Experience in manufacturing background with high mechanical with high mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge or experience with 3D CAD, mechanical drawings, MPO, P&IDs.
- Design of fixtures, jigs, brackets, etc.
- Ability and examples of improvement of maintainability of equipment
- Must possess engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, tolerancing, MPI’s).
- Capability of identifying critical process parameters. Knowledge of FTA, FMEA, etc.
- Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow-up with minimal direction and will focus on team success.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach who consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Experience with control strategy, PLC, and sensor/actuator relationships is a plus
- Previous experience with Industrial data analysis or Manufacturing Execution System (MES) desired
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) such as batteries or electronic devices
- Experience working in machine shops and fabricating machine parts
- Experience coordinating and collaboration with contractors
- Familiar with six sigma methodologies and tools
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 50%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Here at Panasonic Energy, we set out each day to change the world by accelerating the transition to sustainable energy through the production of safe, high-quality lithium-ion batteries.
Our journey began in 2017 when Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) began producing batteries for electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc., at the Gigafactory in Sparks, Nevada. Our operation has since grown to be the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world with a growing workforce of more than 4,000 employees that has surpassed six billion cells delivered and counting. And this is just the beginning.
As a next step, we are expanding our operations into De Soto, Kansas as we strive to increase battery production and further support our long-term commitment to advancing the EV industry in the U.S. and building a better world.
As the demand for EVs rapidly grows, we continue to innovate our lithium-ion battery technology and production capabilities to achieve greater efficiency and performance in electric vehicles.
In addition to a work environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits package, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, training and career development opportunities, paid time off and so much more.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.