To provide engineering expertise for assembly processes, methods, manufacturing systems and technologies that will result in highly producible, quality product designs and manufacturing systems that are capable and cost effective in a new manufacturing location.
- Review and analyze manufacturing methods in sub-assembly and assembly areas. Capture the “as built” product components, manufacturing methods and related work instructions. Document workstation design, material flow, KANBAN design, and sequence.
- Work with the design engineers in transferring the product information from the assembly line to the design books, 3D models, bill of materials and overall product information. Participate in design reviews.
- Participate in a chartered project team activities involving value analysis, design reviews, and product transfer. Use value-engineering techniques to reduce cost and increase customer value.
- Review and analyze manufacturing procedures, make recommendations for design and/or manufacturing methods and coordinate projects which will result in more efficient manufacturing costs and/or enhanced quality. Maintain project objectives and financial documentation.
- Participate in product improvements using Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis and design for ergonomics. Document and transfer the information and details and transfer to the receiving manufacturing location.
- Coordinate product line transfer based on project transfer development timeline including analysis, justification and recommendations for facilities, equipment and/or manpower requirements.
- Conduct problem solving processes utilizing “Is-Is Not”, “5 Whys” and other similar methodologies (fishbone, cause effect, etc.) for root cause analysis.
- Identify key product and process characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in industrial or manufacturing engineering.
- Must have experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to external and internal customers at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to speak and write clearly and concisely.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.