The purpose of this position is to provide direct manufacturing engineering expertise during the new product development/introduction and provide input to the design team to improve the Design for Manufacturability, improve product quality, and reduce product cost. This position will work with manufacturing and design teams to plan and facilitate new products into current manufacturing processes as well as developing new processes as required.
- Participate in design reviews with the NPI teams and provide the voice of manufacturing early in the design process.
- Actively involved in Prototype building and provide manufacturing input to reduce cost, improve quality and repeatability. Identify fracas items for design improvement.
- Identify the key elements driving or affecting cycle time, line balance, and constraints. Provide detailed guidance to improve design and reduce manufacturing cycle time.
- Develop standard work, cycle time, and line balance for New Product Introduction. Detail processes and sequence of operations.
- Work with local manufacturing and operation team and gain agreement on proposed processes and modifications. Develop MAB checklist and criteria for success.
- Plan and direct all phases of the MAB and lead the manufacturing assessment builds with the intent to meet schedule dates and have minimal fracas items.
- Develop manufacturing Control Plans associated with new product designs and processes.