Provide manufacturing engineering expertise for manufacturing processes, methods, assembly, and systems that will result in highly producible quality, cost effective products.
- Review and analyze manufacturing methods in assembly and sub-assembly areas. Perform time studies, make recommendations and support implementation of projects for balancing work-flow, establishing work-station areas material flow using lean manufacturing practices with a hands on approach.
- Review existing and proposed product designs for ease of manufacture and make recommendations that will improve the quality and productivity of the product.
- Participate in project team activities involving value analysis, design reviews, product development, product transfer, new product introduction and start-up.
- Analyze existing work instruction and create new work instructions, manufacturing procedures and processes that will result in a more controlled and more efficient manufacturing process.
- Utilize lean manufacturing and statistical analysis methods to continuously improve and control processes.
- Create designs and drawings for tooling and fixtures for various processes throughout the production lines. Project manage equipment design, purchase and installation.
- Improvements, changes, procedures and processes will require some time on the production line demonstrating/training/testing new procedures and methods.
- Various projects may require working longer than normal hours.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering required
- 2-5 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- AutoCAD or similar software knowledge required
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices preferred
- Experience manufacturing HVACR products preferred